About the Forum
Terms and Conditions
Website Usage Agreement
1. Use of this Site constitutes agreement with the following terms and conditions:
2. The National Immigration Forum (The Forum) maintains this website (“this Site" or “our Site“) as a courtesy to those who may choose to access our Site ("Users") subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, and also subject to more specific restrictions that may apply to specific material within this Site. U.S. and foreign copyright laws protect the content on this Site. Users are allowed to view, use, download and distribute to others, without charge, content that appears on this Site provided that you give attribution to The Forum or its source, as appropriate, by including the following statement on any such copy: “Used with the permission of the National Immigration Forum [or its source]. You may not modify any content on this Site for any purpose, and you may not copy, download, store or distribute any content on this site for any commercial purpose.
3. The Forum administers this Site.
4. Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings interpretations and conclusions expressed in the materials in this Site are those of the various authors of the work and are not necessarily those of The Forum's staff or Board.
5. Materials provided on this Site are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. The Forum specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such materials. The Forum periodically adds, changes, improves, or updates the materials on this Site without notice. Under no circumstances shall The Forum be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered which is claimed to resulted from use of this Site, including without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto. Use of this Site is at User's sole risk. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall The Forum or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if The Forum has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
6. User specifically acknowledges and agrees that The Forum is not liable for any conduct of any User.
7. This Site may contain opinions and statements of various information providers and content providers. The Forum does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider or content provider, or any user of this Site or other person or entity. Reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, or other information shall also be at the User's risk. Neither The Forum nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, timeliness, completeness, deletion, defect, failure of performance, computer virus, communication line failure, alteration of, or use of any content herein, regardless of cause, for any damages resulting therefrom.
8. As a condition of use of this Site, User agrees to indemnify The Forum and its affiliates from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of User's use of this Site, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by User of these terms and conditions. If User is dissatisfied with any material on this Site or with any of the terms and conditions of use of this Site, User's sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using this Site.
Links to Other Sites
9. This Site contains links to third-party web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of The Forum and The Forum is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The Forum provides these links as a public service, and the inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement of the linked site.
10. This Agreement will be interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia, United States of America. Any action to enforce this agreement shall be brought in the federal courts located in Washington, D.C.
Preservation of Immunities
11. The Forum reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the Site or any materials in any respect. The Forum shall have no obligation to take the needs of any User into consideration in connection therewith.
12. The Forum reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any User access to this Site or any portion thereof without notice.
13. No waiver by The Forum of any provision of this Agreement shall be binding except as set forth in a writing signed by its duly authorized representative.